Sunday, September 6, 2009

Language Exam

Today we had our language "exam." We literally walked into a room, and they placed a packet in front of us - entirely in Chinese characters - which we couldn't read. We all looked at each other and giggled for a few minutes, and then they asked if we spoke Chinese. When we told them that we spoke very little, they told us to write our names down for the beginner's course, so we wouldn't have to suffer through the exam.

So now that the weight of the exam is off, I am searching for an apartment (ugh) and getting excited for classes to start. It begins to look as if I cannot avoid moving out of the dorm, so I'm trying to find a decent apartment for Tessa and I to live in off campus. Ryan, Jimond, and Kenneth have already found their apartment, which is apparently near where Cao Bin (our old Chinese professor) lives.

Hopefully we will be able to find a nice apartment for a decent price. Especially because if we move off campus, most likely I will have to buy a motor bike/scooter in order to get to class and around town. That expense only adds to the frustration, but I'm sure it will work itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment